WOW, MY BOY, MY BUDDY, MY ISAAC - has started kindergarten! The elementary is three houses down the street (it is the building behind him in the picture- he is standing in our driveway). It will be nice to be able to walk or ride bikes as the girls and I take Isaac to school. Isaac has been looking forward to attending kindergarten for a while now -this past year he has been playing with the older neighbor boys and is excited to be in elementary like they are. The night before school started he had a hard time sleeping; in the morning he told me he kept waking up thinking it was time to get ready for school. :). I had bought a few new "school shirts" for him and had shown him a couple of days before school started, he was excited to wear them. On Sunday night I set the shirt he is wear in the pictures out for him to put on in the morning, he informed me that he would rather wear the shirt with the "cool" diesel on it. I said that would be fine and I set the diesel shirt out, then Dusty came up to say good night, Isaac asked him which shirt he would wear, Dusty said the striped shirt. A while later I went to check on Isaac, he quickly informed me that he was going to wear the striped shirt because "Dad" thought it would look nice. Isaac really looks up to and loves his Daddy. Morning came and Isaac got dressed right away. He was ready with plenty of time to spear, he ate his favorite breakfast of pancakes with some heart sprinkles to show my love and we were off. As we walked to school, I thought about how "ready" we were for this big day. And suddenly I felt very nervous and realized I wasn't ready at all. As we walked through the gate and entered the school property Isaac reached out and took hold of my hand. It was such a sweet and tender moment. (Which was quickly interrupted by Emma yanking on my other hand, which then nearly caused me to drop Sophie). I looked down at him, at his chubby little baby face and thought about how young and innocent he really is and I hope that he can stay that way for a very long time. He gave me plenty of hugs and kisses goodbye and I cherished those- because I know in a few short years he probably won't be wanting to do that in front of his entire class. Dusty and I love Isaac so much and we are so proud of him. We hope he has a year full of learning, growing, developing good friendships, and fun memories. Best of luck Isaac.
8.12.2009
KiNdErGaRtEn
WOW, MY BOY, MY BUDDY, MY ISAAC - has started kindergarten! The elementary is three houses down the street (it is the building behind him in the picture- he is standing in our driveway). It will be nice to be able to walk or ride bikes as the girls and I take Isaac to school. Isaac has been looking forward to attending kindergarten for a while now -this past year he has been playing with the older neighbor boys and is excited to be in elementary like they are. The night before school started he had a hard time sleeping; in the morning he told me he kept waking up thinking it was time to get ready for school. :). I had bought a few new "school shirts" for him and had shown him a couple of days before school started, he was excited to wear them. On Sunday night I set the shirt he is wear in the pictures out for him to put on in the morning, he informed me that he would rather wear the shirt with the "cool" diesel on it. I said that would be fine and I set the diesel shirt out, then Dusty came up to say good night, Isaac asked him which shirt he would wear, Dusty said the striped shirt. A while later I went to check on Isaac, he quickly informed me that he was going to wear the striped shirt because "Dad" thought it would look nice. Isaac really looks up to and loves his Daddy. Morning came and Isaac got dressed right away. He was ready with plenty of time to spear, he ate his favorite breakfast of pancakes with some heart sprinkles to show my love and we were off. As we walked to school, I thought about how "ready" we were for this big day. And suddenly I felt very nervous and realized I wasn't ready at all. As we walked through the gate and entered the school property Isaac reached out and took hold of my hand. It was such a sweet and tender moment. (Which was quickly interrupted by Emma yanking on my other hand, which then nearly caused me to drop Sophie). I looked down at him, at his chubby little baby face and thought about how young and innocent he really is and I hope that he can stay that way for a very long time. He gave me plenty of hugs and kisses goodbye and I cherished those- because I know in a few short years he probably won't be wanting to do that in front of his entire class. Dusty and I love Isaac so much and we are so proud of him. We hope he has a year full of learning, growing, developing good friendships, and fun memories. Best of luck Isaac.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am not the best person to talk to about school. I hate sending them. Everyday. Fortunately, the kids love it so I'm the only mopey one.
Good luck and have fun, Isaac!
Oh that makes me want to cry. James starts school in two weeks, and he is counting down the days. At least he has his older sister to watch out for him.
He's so cute. I'm still counting down the days till he and Eliza wed.
Post a Comment