href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi5YYC9ezpuDjuZiFKBFIulqWt-b0S5lMwVMuWdm-5GTzr8aStousteOu_2M8M15aWycgriMdDn-TJyl4Qc4UTNYpU35kmqjp9pe3R-fal11lvJ0WvZt72wXtMcgXhwIrtQ7TeOCodBwl4/s1600-h/100_5119.JPG">
Some of our treasures include:
Money from France when my Grandpa Hood was there during WWII.
An elephant from my Grandma and Grandpa Leavitt's mission in South Africa.
Our newest addition a cameo broach from Dusty's Grandma Olive Bowen this will someday be passed down to Sophia "Olive".
Dusty's Uncle Gerald series of short stories.
My Great-Grandma Holman's fashionable hat with a picture of me dressing up in it when I was little.
A dress my Grandma Chomor made me when I was little, she also made matching ones for my sisters.
A knife my Dad made from a deer antler.
WWII pictures of my Grandpa Leavitt who served in the Canadian Air Force and my Grandpa Hood who served in the US Army.
My Grandma Chomor bought each one of her Granddaughters a nice ring when they turned 16, this is mine and I will pass it on to Emma when she turns 16.
We have hats from both Grandpa Anderson and Grandpa Bowen.
It is exciting for the kids to have these special Family Home Evenings when we choose a few things from the "Trunk of Teasures" to talk about. It has been fun to have them hold something tangible of the families while we share a story. It is especially nice this time of year to talk about family traditions and share family recipies.
6 comments:
Is that Emma modeling the dress or is that you when you were younger?
This is a picture of Emma although she does look a lot like I did.
What a great idea! I also love how you decorated it--I had no idea you were a hippie.
Awesome idea...I'm sure the kids have fun looking through it all and learning about their family and heritage!!!
What a great idea. I have noticed the Hood family is exceptional at preserving family traditions and sharing their history. What a neat way for your children to learn how special they are and what a great heritage they share. What a neat suitcase.
And Emma looks adorable in your old dress and modeling your 16-year-old ring, even those chubby little fingers look cute! Thanks for sharing.
Those are really cook things--I like your suitcase decorating job as well . . .
Post a Comment