5.21.2010

Saying Good Bye to Luke Air Force Base






Wow, we can't believe it has been almost two years here at Luke Air Force Base. We have enjoyed our time in the military and are blessed to have the experiences we have had here. We have gained more appreciation for our country and those that serve our country. We will miss F16 jets flying over us - it is fun to see their formations. We will miss taps playing at 7am and 10pm and we will especially miss the national anthem playing loud at 5pm on the speakers around base, I often feel teary eyed when we are out side and see all the kids hop off their bikes, jump out of the swimming pool or put their hockey stick down and turn and face the flag with their hand on their heart for the national anthem to be played (even little Sophie puts her hand on her heart). It is great to watch them learn and show respect for our country and our flag that represents freedom. (Isaac often draws the American Flag in pictures- so I know he has a respect for it.) We have meet some great people in the military and will miss our friends in the "Zuni neighborhood". We will miss showing visitors the model fighter jets, we will miss story time at the library, dance play group, all the playgrounds and swimming pool. We will miss having the Luke Elementary 3 houses down- it has been so convenient to have Isaac walk to school. We will miss all the security we have living on a military base. We will miss the 15 mph speed limit and letting our kids play in the street! We will miss the great running loops with no traffic to worry about -just an occasional 4 foot jack rabbit! The White Tank mountains just West about 10 min. away. The kids have grown a lot over the last two years and I know they will have many memories at Luke Air Force Base. We are thankful for our time here where Dusty has served in the Military -Thanks Dusty for giving us this opportunity.

5 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

I am so sad you are moving. I thought I had a few more weeks. I have no concept of time anymore. Thank you for listening to me talk about running and letting me pick your brain. I am so glad we got to know your family and we will miss you guys. good luck on your new adventures and keep in touch. Love,
The Roberts Family

Rebecca said...

AND saying hello to Gainesville... WAHOO!!!!

Unknown said...

It's got to be sad leaving Arizona, but I hear Florida is pretty awesome too.
That is so cool that they play the anthem and everyone stops to recognize it. It sounds like an awesome place to experience.
Good luck with the move.
Post pictures when you get there.

Beck Family said...

That was me signed in as a different user

Camille said...

I can't wait for you guys to get here!!!!