3.22.2009

Luke Air Show





This weekend their was an air show here at Luke Air Force Base. It was very exciting to watch. The kids were able to go inside some of the planes they brought in for the show. It was amazing to watch these planes go up and down and spin all around I can't imagine how dizzy those pilots might get. Our favorite was the new F22, it is awesome to watch. It is almost completely silent until it passes you, then the incredible sound of the engines about blow you away. We went on Saturday as a family and the heat was on- welcome to Phoenix 95 degrees already! Isaac and the neighbor boys played "air show" when we got home, they all brought out the model planes and had a good time. Our friends the Brown's and Westwood's drove out from Mesa to see the show, but after waiting for an hour and a half to get shuttled in they decided to leave -sorry you guys, we feel so bad. We are hearing from a lot of people that parking and shuttling people in was very inefficient and they didn't have enough buses. Here is a clip of a couple of planes from the show.

3 comments:

Beck Family said...

The beach to go to is the Newport Beach. From Disneyland its just 30 minutes and its a clean and nice beach. Ashley took me there. There is shops and a pier so lots to do. You can always drive south to Dana Point which is only 40 minutes from Anaheim on 5 south and its GORGEOUS! Those were our favorites. Any more questions let me know.

Teresa said...

The air show sounds fun - reminds me of one we went to in San Diego. My stomach was glad I was the one sitting and watching instead of being inside the plane twisting around.
CONGRATS on Florida!! How exciting to be moving forward! Best of luck! (My favorite part is being able to see a light at the end of the tunnel.)
Hey - do you guys have an email for Kelli and Rob? I was glad to see they're blog on yours and then realized it was private. (I think I was having a baby around the time they moved - wasn't quick enough to get contact info before they left - very lame.)

Camilla Millar said...

That sounds like so much fun.

We've never been to an air show, but D's dad went to one in Nevada last year and planted the bug-- I guess they do them up at Hill AFB? I'll have to check into it!