Lake Havasu
Isaac on the London Bridge
Lake Havasu City bought the London Bridge back in the 1968 when it was falling down (hence the nursery rhyme London Bridges falling down, falling down, ect.) it was beginning to crumble and sink from all of the cars crossing in London. It had been orginally built for pedestrian traffic in 1831. So Lake Havasu bought the bridge for tourist attractions and took them 3 years to put it back together. It was considered one of the worlds largest gig saw puzzles.
The London Bridge
Me, Dusty, and Isaac on the London Bridge
Seeing the London Bridge reminded me of a trip I made with my mom and sister a few years back, here is a picture.
My sister Jeselyn, my Mom and I welcomed in 2000 sitting on the new London Bridge in London, England. We sat on the bridge for 3 hours so we could be their at mid-night to welcome in the millennium. We watched fire works above the Tower Bridge. We saw a lot of people do silly things from all their drinking. It was "loads of fun" as the brits would say. So now I have been on 2 London Bridges to celebrate 2 different New Years. 2000 and 2009.The kids were able to do a little biking on a trail by Lake Havasu. Here is Dusty, Grandpa, Grandma and Sophie.
Grandma and Grandpa Herbie with Sophie in Oatman, AZ a ghost town off of Route 66 outside of Lake Havasu.
Grandpa, Dusty, Isaac, me and Sophie outside a lost mine.
Isaac
Grandpa and Emma feeding carrots to a wild burrow. These burrows were exciting at first, but they could smell your carrots and would follow you around until you gave them more. They even began to kick each other to fight for a carrot, this ended up scaring the kids and I eventually spilled my ice cold Dr. Pepper that Dusty had so kindly bought me.
3 comments:
Hey, we found you guys! We're still in SLC with all the snow - instead Phoenix where you haven't seen any! It's fun to see you kids so big and that you guys are doing well.
The Williams Family
We'll have to check Havasu out, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I think it is so crazy that they have the London Bridge- I have kind of wanted to see it because I happen to be fascinated with all things British.
That looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment