Sophie as "Tinker Bell" Emma as a "Pink Fairy"Isaac as a "Pirate" ..... What kind of Rat would steel a pie?.... a "Pirate"!!! Emma's preschool trick or treating in Haile Village. Mom and kids all dressed up for ward trunk or treat. Isaac's decorated hat for his school's "Hat-o-ween". Decorating pumpkins! We made a Saturday trip to the Orlando temple and then to Daytona Beach. Fun trip. Emma and Isaac made a tunnel under their sand castle that Dusty helped them build. Here they are holding hands in the tunnel. Sophie catching the rays enjoying the nice weather. Orlando Temple Kids were excited to see temple.
Sophie had a sticker tattoo on from Halloween... she looked at it and holding Baby Ava said in a disappointed voice "I wish I had a tattoo of Baby Ava"! - Sophie 3
Sophie used a public restroom, the toilet was running so it would not flush.... she said "it needs new batteries" ! too funny. -Sophie 3
Isaac had been begging me to buy this huge container of cheese puffs at Target for a while, so I finally got it.... come to find out it was NOT for the cheese puffs, but for the container to catch fish or reptiles or bugs..... that is Isaac for you. Luckily Sophie and Emma liked the cheese puffs and last time we went to the beach Isaac caught a bunch of minnows and put in the container.... his plan was to take them home and set the container outside so the moon would create a "tide" for the fish.... pretty smart kid..... too bad they all died. He is pretty good at catching things! - Isaac 7
Out on a Sunday walk with Sophie, she says "I want to watch Funny American Idol"! We usually watch "Americas Funniest Home Videos" on Sundays after a walk and sometimes when she sneaks out of bed during the week she watches "American Idol" with Mommy and Daddy. She is too funny, putting the shows together. -Sophie 2 1/2
At a one of Isaac's baseball games it began to rain, Emma looking up at the clouds and getting wet from the rain said "are their fish in the clouds?" -Emma 5
Out on a Sunday walk/ kids on scooters.... Emma said "Let's just go where the road takes us!" Mom "sounds exciting" Emma "maybe it will take us to DisneyWorld!" -Emma 5
I was holding my 7 month old baby niece Taryn when Emma said "oh, I wish she came out of your tummy" ! -baby lover Emma 4
Today was our last Sunday in the La Loma Ward in Phoenix, Emma's Primary teacher started to cry (they have a special bond. . .Emma is the only girl in class with 10 energetic boys) Emma tried to comfort her teacher by saying "It's ok Sister Garcia, I am moving to Florida and am going to go to Disney World and will see all the princesses!" -Emma 4
Isaac had a big "end of the year test" in kindergarten, when Dusty asked him how he did he said "the teacher wrote one zero zero dot line dot with and exclamation mark and a star!" . . . so I guess he got 100%!* -Isaac 6
Isaac wasn't quite sleepy enough when it was bed time the other night so Dusty told him to think of 5 things he liked about Emma, I went into check on him a while later and he said "Mom I can only think of 3 things I like about Emma"!! -Isaac 5 (to give him credit, he did want me to help him think of a 2 more things to add to his list.)
Totally out of the blue Emma asked "Who created Heavenly Father?" So touching AND deep for a 3 year old. -Emma 3
In a conversation with a friend I mentioned something about my stepsister Tawni, I usually don't say "stepsister." Emma became concerned and whispered in my ear "Mom, is your stepsister nice or mean?" Emma is really into princesses and was thinking about Cinderella's mean stepsisters! -Emma 3
"Mom, I have never seen Emma do this before, but she just glittered" as he handed me a wrapper. -Isaac 5
"I am so cute, so DARN cute." -Emma 3
Usually when Emma wants to watch T.V. or a movie she will say "Mom, can I watch Sleeping Beauty?" but, this week when we were out and about and after watching American Idol three nights in a row, she asked "Mom, when we get home can I watch American Idol?"
Isaac has a great skill of listening, particularly when it comes to listening to T.V. For instance, this week during American Idol (of course) Ryan Seacrest said before a commercial break "don't go anywhere, we'll be right back". Isaac made it clear that we should NOT change the channel or go anywhere. Then the next day on PBS kids an adult came on during a commercial with a special message to all parents to remind us of the importance of reading to your children. Isaac came running into the kitchen with wide eyes and said, "Mom, this lady has a message for all the moms and dads. . ."And last year before Father's Day, there was a persuasive advertisement to buy your dad a gift card at a home and garden store, after the commercial ended and not knowing what a gift card was Isaac said "do you think Dad would like a gift card for Father's Day?" Oh, the power of T.V.!!
Dusty and I spoke in church today. At the dinner table later we asked the kids if they liked our talks. Isaac spoke right up and quoted a line from Dusty's talk, then shrugged his shoulders and said "then my ears went crazy and I don't remember the rest". - Isaac 5
I am reading the book "Dreams from My Father" by Barack Obama. The front cover has clouds in the back ground of Obama. Today it was overcast and the sky was full of clouds Emma said "Mom, is Barack Obama in the clouds?" - Emma 3
You have probably all seen the jewelry commercial on T.V. with the jingle “every kiss begins with K”. After Isaac saw the commercial the other day he said “ NO, EVERY KISS DOES NOT BEGIN WITH ‘K’ THEY DIDN’T THINK ABOUT AN ESKIMO KISS!” –Isaac 5
Dusty holding Sophie saying "dada, dada" trying to get her to say it. Instead she smiles and says "mama, mama" :). -Sophie 8 mo.
No comments:
Post a Comment