Isaac's first day of 1st grade! New school, new teacher, new friends, new city, new house. . .so many changes, but Isaac has been so excited for all these new beginnings. He actually got into the same class as new best buddy Carter Cushing (thanks to Traci -Carter's mom writing a persuasive note to school about all their moves and requesting the new friends be together to ease their transition). We weren't sure if the school would allow the request. . .so we were anxious to find out if they made it into the same class together. We went to the meet the teacher Friday before school started to see, it was so crowded I had to squeeze my way to the class lists while Traci stood aside with all our kids. . .there are seven 1st grade classes so I look and look and look at the lists and finally saw their names on the same list, I gave Traci the thumbs up and Isaac and Carter started hugging and jumping up and down. We were all happy. The elementary starts at 7:40 am and lets out at 1:40 pm. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to getting the kids ready and out the door so earlier, but it has been nice to have them home earlier too. I can't believe my boy is in 1st grade. . . good luck and have fun Isaac.




Emma started pre-kindergarten (it is called VPK here). Her class is 3 hours every morning. Their are about 6 kids from our church in her class which made her transition easy to have so many friends around. Her only compliant the sand at the play ground gets in her shoes :(!! She comes home happy every day and tells me who she played with and what she did while we eat lunch together. She is my little sweet heart and I miss her at home. . .so I am glad her school is just in the morning. We are looking forward to a great year of preschool. Have fun Emma!




Isaac and Emma helped make these cute vases for their new school teachers, they were excited to give them to them on the first day. Emma was very detailed and we had to make three cards until she had her name just right! Determined little girl.

Poor Sophie. . .on the first day we took Isaac to school, then we took Emma to school, then we came home and Sophie wondered were her playmates were she held her hands up and said "where's I'Zak?" I said "Isaac's at school" she said "where's EmmA" I said "Emma's at school" she quickly went and found a little backpack in the dress ups and came to me and said "school". She wore it until we picked Emma up. I am glad to keep her around the house with me for a couple more years. My little Sophie Lofie!

4 comments:
I'm so glad that Isaac was in class with his pal! Emma is such a doll, you really have great kids!
I can't tell you how happy we are you guys moved in at the same time we did. What would we do without Isaac and Emma??? I am so so happy the boys get to go to school together. It makes thinking of Carter being in school all day easier knowing he's got his best bud with him. Love your blog!
so so so cute, little emma let alone with mom. I remember when aydelyn was the only one home, it's a lot of entertaining.
thoswe vases for the teachers are so cute. and thye both look so happy to be in school.
we miss you guys.
Your kids are too cute!!! How exciting for them to go school, but in a few years that will probably wear off right??
Post a Comment