4.15.2009

CANCELED DEPLOYMENT!!

I wrote two versions of the story, take your pick.

Long story short. . . Dusty's deployment was canceled!!!

Long story not too long. . . Last Thursday night the kids and I packed up the van and headed up to Cedar City to spend Easter with some of Dusty's family. On Friday Dusty called from the 10 week training he was at in Indiana and said that they were reorganizing his unit and his deployment was canceled. In other words, he was coming home. WOW, we were overwhelmed with excitement and tried to stay calm. We were worried that he might get rerouted somewhere else in the mean time- so far we have lucked out. On Saturday he caught a flight home to Phoenix. We tried to see if he could fly into meet us in Southern Utah, but that didn't work out. He was required to fly into the same airport he flew out of and needed to report to work on Monday morning so was unable to meet us in Cedar City. We'll just say his homecoming was spent finding a shuttle home from the airport, calling the housing community to let him into our locked house and walking to the storage unit where his truck was stored to pick it up. However, when I returned the table was turned, I came home to a dozen roses, a gift card and Dr. Pepper:), thanks Dusty. We are so blessed to have Dusty home and are so thankful for everyones thoughts and prayers. All our family and friends have been so concerned and caring during these past few weeks of craziness. Thank You Everyone.

BTW
Dusty had two things to say after all was said and done, "I shaved my head for this" and "Can I have my two weeks back!"

17 comments:

Cherie said...

That is such great news!!! I'm guessing you won't be in UT for two months anymore, but let me know if and when you do come.

Meghan said...

Holy cow that is so awesome! I had to reread it at first because I thought that there was no way it was canceled. I am so excited for you guys. That is such great news!

Janelle said...

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????? I am sooooooooooooo happy that Dusty is back with his family. Oh, Jandee, such good news. I bet your heart was just beating so hard. What a crazy two weeks indeed. Oh my gosh, thank goodness...... we'll call soon.

Tiffany said...

Holy Cow!! That is so awesome!! congrats for having your man back home!!! Tell Dusty that he shaved his head for the country that he loves and we appreciate his sacrifice!!

Jenny Roberts said...

HOORAY! What a blessing to have him back so quickly. Dusty - I think your head looks great.

April and Jeff said...

That is so incredible! I am so happy for you guys!

Jen and Alec said...

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray! That was unexpectedly fantastic! We need to have a celebration--let's get together soon. At least you got your awesome pics before he shaved, right?

TJ Eich said...

YA-HOO!! I'm so happy for you guys!

Brea said...

Oh my word!! That is such HAPPY news!!! :)

Camilla Millar said...

Yeah!! Congratulations. . . . .sorry about the bald head, Dusty--but at least it grows quick?

The Hamlin Family said...

WAHOOOOOO!!! I am seriously shouting for joy with ya!!! I bet it's so nice for you to have your husband back...the kids to have their daddy back...and for you to be a family again!!!

PS...I bet his hair is growing back by now :)

Carrie said...

Dusty & Jandee--Wow!! That is exciting, you guys! Luke and I have been thinking of you and praying for you. I'm so happy for you that Dusty is back and am amazed at the courage you have all shown through the craziness. Best wishes!
Love, Carrie

Rebecca said...

WHEW....

Beck Family said...

Lucky you!! I haven't heard of that happening too often. I'm so glad you have your hubby back!

Beverly Anderson said...

We can't tell you how relieved we are and how blessed our family feels. So, Dusty -- welcome home! We are looking forward to a visit in Flagstaff. Thanks Jandee - for this blog. You do an awesome job and the pictures are priceless.

It was all because of that family fast.....

The Taintor Family said...

We just got back into town from Utah and read you blog. What an amazing blessing! Prayers are truly answered.
Yea!

My Voice Marshfield said...

We are so glad! We hope he stays . . . : ) Lonsdales