6.19.2008

Our year in Milwaukee







We moved to Milwaukee one year ago this week. We have enjoyed our house so much and will miss the old world charm of our 1928 Milwaukee bungalow. We have included some pictures since many of you have asked to see some and I have been slow to get them out. We have enjoyed going on evening walks and sitting in the backyard watching the kids catch fire flies. We love to go downtown, to the river walk and to lake. We have had fun going South to Chicago, North to Green Bay, West to The Dells and East to Lake Michigan. We always have fun at the Milwaukee County Zoo, the Children's Museum, Public Museum, library story time, Brewer's Baseball games, and the Jelly Belly Factory. Living here we have seen a lot of beer, brats, and cheese. We have also learned to say a lot of the Native American names of cities for example Wauwatosa, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha, Muskego, Nashotah, Minooka, Mukwonago and the list goes on. We have learned the drinking fountain is called "the bubbler" and pop is called "soda". Living in Milwaukee where their is lots of rain even as much as 10" in 4 days makes us realize what a desert we came from in Utah. As we are making arrangements to head towards Phoenix we can't help but notice that it will be even more of desert then Utah this week the temps in Phoenix range from 112 to 115 degrees! Wow. We will have a little adjusting to do when we move. Just today I asked Isaac what he liked about Milwaukee he said "I like playing with Dad in the backyard when it is hot, but not too hot." I don't think he knows what HOT is yet. It has only reached the 80's a few times this year.

Dusty has had a busy internship year and is looking forward to slowing down a bit for the next two years being a GMO (General Medic Officer) in the Air Force. We are headed toward Luke Air Force Base in Phoenix, AZ. Isaac is excited to live in the desert and is constantly drawing pictures of the desert and talking about how he will see cactus and lizards. Isaac expresses himself very well and is growing up so fast, I am having a hard time with the fact that he is about to turn 5 years old. Emma is our little princess and enjoys dressing up. She also loves to act like baby animals for instance she will call her self the baby monkey then she will say "you the mommy monkey and the daddy monkey at work and Isaac the brother monkey." I am due with baby Sophie in 4 days and feel and look like a big marshmallow. We are all excited to have her join our family. Right now her infant car seat is in the car with one of Emma's baby dolls in it. We are just waiting for the real baby to come.

4 comments:

Janelle said...

Jandee,
You have such a gift for decorating. Your house looked something just out of a magazine. I love your style. Everything is coordinated and stylish. And Clean? Did you even have kids at the house? ha ha...

Beck Family said...

I was so excited to see you get a blog going. I loved hearing the update. Now that you're in Arizona too among 3 other families we know we will for srue plan a trip that way within the next year. Good luck with the new life in the desert, can't wait to see you again.

Beck Family said...

I was so excited to see you get a blog going. I loved hearing the update. Now that you're in Arizona too among 3 other families we know we will for srue plan a trip that way within the next year. Good luck with the new life in the desert, can't wait to see you again.

Leslie said...

We sure miss you guys. Sam has had numerous break downs about Isaac and other friends that have moved. It is good that school has started for him. We wish you the best and hope to see you down the road.